Tuesday, September 02, 2008

August 2nd

While on my study break, I like to browse facebook, google reader and check my email boxes mutiple times. Anything to take me away from reading my books basically....

Among the many applications on facebook, I stumbled upon the "How Asian Are You?" quiz on a friend's profile.....

For those who don't know, I was born in the beautiful island of Borneo (it sounds nicer than just saying Malaysia- and people from the east of Malaysia can be considered non-Malaysians because West Malaysians need a "permit" to get into our precious state). ANYWAY, what I'm trying to say is, I'm Asian. Despite me not being able to speak my own language properly, and having only some relatives back "home".

So, I'm sure you're all dying to know "how asian I am"?

Screenshot_1 by you.
Facebook certianly has a sense of humour. Technically, New Zealand is in the pacific, and I'm in the North Island- so I guess I am indeed a "pacific islander".

Sidenote: I was at the supermarket today, and was chatting to a fellow gay friend while waiting in line. The scruffy looking middle aged guy in front of us said "You guys better shutup. You're sounding like a bunch of faggots!". So that's my first taste of discrimination.

No comments: