Friday, December 26, 2008

December 26th

Paris Paris Paris. We made it to Paris at 2:30pm and headed straight for Musee de Lourve. Down into the basement carpark, up through the escalators, went through the security checks, bought tickets at the machines, and went into the Denon wing to hunt for the Mona Lisa.

Got into the room with Mona Lisa, and could not believe the crowd present there. The painting was so small, it was underwhelming. I then quickly moved through the Denon, then the Sully and finally the Richelieu wing. The louvre was comb by me in 2.5 hrs. Well not really, but I walked thru and tried to see as much as I could.

We went home for dinner, and then went for a night tour of the city. Paris is so amazingly pretty at night. The lights and the buildings, its just breath-taking. The Eiffel tower sparkling at night, it is so different being there.
The Champ Elysees and Arc de Triomphe was amazing. Being on a bus, we went around it twice just because.

After the tour finised at 10:30pm, we went on to join the christmas eve mass at the Notre Dame. The building had such good acoustics, the choir sounded so surreal. Christmas in Notre Dame was amazing.

The next morning we opened our secret santa presents under the Eiffel tower to real Champagne. We then went up the tower and spend the day walking the city.

That night we spent our time watching the cabaret at the Moulin Rouge in Mont Marte. It was very cool. All the ladies were topless, and I can't help but notice most of the female dancers have small boobs. And the guys weren't very hot either. But what made it great was the performance. We sat right next to the stage which made it even better.

The tour sadly ended that next morning, where I said goodbye to my roomie. Everyone went back to London, but we stayed an extra day in Paris, exploring Gallarie Lafayette and the Champ Elysees and the exclusive shopping strip which I don't know the name of.

That day we had McDonalds for lunch (I know), and then I had sausage roll with mulled wine for dinner. That pretty much ended our time in French land.

The next morning, we all took our separate ways out of Paris (paris has 3 airports). Let me say EasyJet felt like catching a bus in India.

Anyway, Jen and I then made our way to Barcelona while Hilary went back to Sydney.

No comments: