Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 21st

Ok, the past 5 days in Melbourne warped through pretty quickly. Here's a low-down on things.

I didn't do much except for conferencing and shopping/window shopping.

A few personal "amusing" memories of Melbourne:

  1. Melbournians are very well dressed. I felt like a bogan from the rurals. I addressed this promptly by purchasing some decent clothes on my first hour of arrival.
  2. Krispy Creme, Beard Papa's, and FedEx Kinkos are a few chains I didn't expect to find in Australia but did. Exciting info, don't you reckon?
  3. I didn't expect to find Glaceau's "VitaminWater" here too. But Australia has its own version called "NutrientWater". Watch out Glaceau!
  4. Australian coins are very heavy. I despise them.
I took very few pictures during the trip because this is my second time in Melbourne. But this time round, I had the chance to explore the city by myself (last time, was with family).

My summary of the various areas in Melbourne. You'll be forever grateful I wrote this, because it's probably the best and shortest guide to Melbourne.
  1. Chapel St, Prahran- many nice shops, but not cheap.
  2. Bridge Rd, Richmond- heaps of shops, and very cheap.
  3. Smith St, Collingwood- a smaller version of Bridge Rd with greater emphasis on sports wear.
  4. Brunswick St, Fitzroy- groovy cafes, and fantastic gelato, and a shoe mecca. I would hang out here every morning for breakfast if I could.
  5. Acland St, St' Kilda- cakes, cakes and more cakes.
  6. Londsale St, City- It's not really Melbourne's Greek precinct, as some would claim. However, it's famous for two large shopping malls- QV and Melbourne Central.
There. Some useless info for you.

And the few pictures I did take....


Conferencing


Cake shops on Acland


St' Paul's


Greek Pastries on Lonsdale


Flinders Station

1 comment:

Sam. I. Am. said...

it looks georgous!

I'd love to go there at some point, but I've a fair way to go, and a 26 hour flight!