Sunday, December 14, 2008

14th December

London was cool but not as cool as i thought it would be...I guess NZ is more similar to UK, and my experience in the USA cannot be compared to that of in UK.

A few things about London I found cool was that it was such a big metropolitan city, yet you'll see some very old buildings. There are palaces, churches, bridges, etc etc.

I found the streets confusing. Every corner looked the same. All had brick buildings and road with curvy corners.

The weather is sometimes blue skies, but not always....

London is definitely a fun time, but it does lack the buzz that can only be found in NYC.

Our tour started in London. One concern I had was that contiki is goin to be full of young people. This means the tour guide will be "parenting" us.
Good thing is....one of the few things the guide said was "I'm not your mommy or daddy. You take care of yourself. You'll be treated as an adult..."
This was a good start....however as the tour commenced, I found that is if very like my experience in first year uni. Oragnised group dinners, public introductions (where you had to say one lie and two truths), theme dinners, theme parties....

There's very little time in each city/town we visit. We spend most of our time on the road. Packing, unpacking, repacking.

Yesterday, we made our way from Amsterdam to St' Goar in Germany. We spent 45 minutes in cologne. Heaps to see, not enough time.

I'm slowly getting to know people. It is hard. I'm not a very people person. Compounded by the fact that most of them are whites. The whites tend to hang around their bunch. But I've met some aussies and japs and south africans. So its not bad. Its still early days.

No comments: