Friday, June 13, 2008

June 12th

Happy 12th boys and girls! I'm reporting from Sydney, Australia!


More details of this ritual can be found on Chad Darnell's blog.


-------------------------------
12 of 12, June

7:26am: Breakfast- Weetbix, muesli, milk and yoghurt. What you don't see is the cup of coffee I also had.
1 by you.

8:14am: Waiting for my train to work in Central Station. You see the train heading the other way, but you don't see any train heading the way I want to go.

2 by you.

8:43am: Arrived at work. This is the shop I'm placed in for the next 3 weeks. You see everything here, and there's nothing you didn't see.

3 by you.

1:04pm: Lunch- spag bolognaise while reading the free paper. What you don't see is the mandarine I ate after that.

5 by you.

3:39pm: My 3pm appointment didn't show up, so I'm haging around in the testing room. This is a camera that takes a picture of the retina. What you don't see is the visual field machine, which is an extremely expensive machine that flashes light.

6 by you.

6:28pm: Looking for a nail clipper at K-Mart. I forgot to pack this, so have to buy one. Being an optometrist means you've gotta have short nails all the time! What you don't see is my dirty nails- kidding!

7 by you.

6:47pm: Home time! I'm waiting for the train again. I'm also eating a cream puff which you don't see.

8 by you.

7:03pm: Sitting on the train home. Most people leave the city at this time, so the train into the city is empty- therefore I can stretch my feet and listen to my iPod. Notice I'm wearing a blue shirt (its new, I bought it yesterday from French Connection). What you don't also see is my skinny wool tie that goes perfectly with it!

9 by you.

9:37pm: Walking back from Surry Hills through the Central station. What you don't see is the cocktail and seared tuna & beef I had at Toko.

10 by you.

9:39pm: The clock tower in Central station. What you don't see is that I'm desparately trying to get enough pictures to post- so I'm taking this for no good reason.

11 by you.

9:47pm: On my way down to the Internet Cafe. What you don't see is the Subway (sandwich store) on top of it.

12 by you.

10:13pm: Blogging! With a bag of doritos. What you don't see is my macbook this time, because the internet at home has not been hooked up yet! Uggh, look at what windows did to my pictures! It's all f*cking skewed....

13 by you.

That's all folks.

9 comments:

Poun said...

hummm, there's a lot we don't see !!!
but what we actually see/saw is great ! nice pics !!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a day in the life of myself up until a couple of years ago only I was doing the same thing on the other side of the city.. Throw a extra few coffee's in there too in the morning, and I found this made the perfect start to the day..

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of sort of horrified that we've managed to export K-mart all the way down under ...

I know it's a typical day at the office for you, but it seems so much cooler that you're doing it in Sydney ;)

juinshii said...

the 2nd photo seriously looks eerily like the subway stations in nyc! Well, it reminds me of them anyway...
+we DO see subway on top of the i-cafe (theres a small subway logo) hehe

Scooter said...

Such a cool city!!! Thanks for sharing your day with us!!!

Zippy said...

Not just a K-Mart, Chris, but also a SUBWAY? And Doritos? Oh my! The best of the US, right?

I love the train stations - very cool pics!

Dogeared said...

Hee, after a while I did see the "theme" of your photos - "What you don't see is..."

So are you just on secondment to Sydney for a few weeks? I'd love to visit it - I even liked seeing your station shots (especially the main station one heading home).

(And I miss my MacBook when I'm away, too!)

Helen (12er)

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I would love to visit New Zealand some day. Never thought that K-mart would be there. :-)

Susan said...

looks like a nice day!! I can't seem to get the train to be empty enough to put my feet up....but there are plenty of days when my iPod comes in handy!